Is your application status for the Sassa Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant stuck on 'bank details pending'?
If this happens when you are checking your application status it means that Sassa has received your application, but you have not submitted your banking details or indicated your preferred method of payment.
In order to resolve this issue and have your application reviewed and updated, you must upload your banking details
How to upload your banking details to the SASSA website:
- Visit the Sassa website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/
- Scroll down until you see the "How do I change my banking details" heading
- Type your ID Number below the heading
- You will then receive an SMS notification with a secure link that is unique to you. (Please note: The SMS will be sent to the mobile phone number you registered with during application your application process)
- Click on the link in the SMS and follow the instructions carefully.
After you have followed the instructions listed above, Sassa will ask you to choose how your grant will be paid to your bank account. Ensure your details are correct and that you are the holder of the bank account, as not doing so may result in Sassa not processing your grant payment.