In order to access your application status:
- Login on the myNSFAS student portal here.
- Enter your username and password, then click SIGN IN!
- Click on Track Funding Progress.
Once you have followed these three easy steps, you will be able to see whether you are funded or not. It may take some time for your application to be successful so please be patient.
Understanding what you’re reading when you’re checking your NSFAS application status is of utmost importance. Here’s what your NSFAS application status means.
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded on to the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves to stay on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.
On Saturday the 13th March NSFAS announced that they had released the decisions for first-time university applicants.