How to Check Your NSFAS Application Status
If you want to track your NSFAS application, or you are unsure what the meaning of your NSFAS application status is, here is how to track your NSFAS application and what the results of that might mean for you.
If you're waiting to hear back from NSFAS about whether or not you'll be funded through a NSFAS bursary, you can track your NSFAS online application on the NSFAS student portal.
How to track your myNSFAS application status:
- Log in to NSFAS account on the myNSFAS student portal here
- Enter your username and password and sign in
- Click on Track Funding Progress
Once there, there are a number of results you might receive when applying for NSFAS funding. Here are what you could receive and what they mean:
- Application Submitted: Your application has been loaded on to the NSFAS system successfully.
- Filtering: The system checks if you are a returning student and whether you have any previous qualifications.
- Validation: NSFAS is conducting third party checks with SASSA and the Department of Home Affairs.
- Evaluation: NSFAS is verifying all the documents you have submitted during your application.
- Funding Eligibility: NSFAS is verifying your household financial status that was declared in your application.
- Awaiting Academic Results/Admission: NSFAS is checking your academic results and your institution admission status to ensure that you meet the requirements to be funded by NSFAS. Many find themselves to stay on this step for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Awaiting Registration: NSFAS is receiving data from your institution to enable them to create a bursary agreement. This is another step students find themselves on for a while. This is because NSFAS has to wait for information from your chosen institution.
- Signing Of Agreement: At this stage, you need to sign your bursary agreement so that NSFAS can disburse your allowances.
- Payments: Your allowances are now being paid either through NSFAS mobile wallet system or through your institution. Students are advised to continue to monitor the myNSFAS portal for updates.
If you're looking for NSFAS contact details or wanting to visit the NSFAS website, click here.
Most popular articles today
If starting a motivational speaking career is something that you're seriously considering, there are some facts you should know. Trying to break into the motivational speaking field can be extremely difficult.
This years’ schools have inherited problems of previous years. The parliamentary committee will continue with its oversight visit to schools to assess the state of readiness of the basic education department as schools reopen for the 2022 academic year.