Which Universities Does NSFAS Fund?
Are you wondering which South African universities NSFAS funds? Find out below. Get funding for your education today!
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), is a government bursary which is available to underprivileged South African students who are looking to study at a public university or TVET College.
NSFAS provides funding at 26 universities and 50 TVET colleges.
List of Universities funded by NSFAS below:
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Rhodes University
- Sol Plaatje University
- University of Mpumalanga
- University of Fort Hare
- Walter Sisulu University (Buffalo City Campus)
- Walter Sisulu University (Butterworth Campus)
- Walter Sisulu University (Mthatha Campus)
- Walter Sisulu University (Queenstown Campus)
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Cape Town
- University of the Western Cape
- Central University of Technology
- University of Free State
- Durban University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
- University of Kwazulu-Natal
- University of Zululand
- North West University
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Witwatersrand
- Vaal University of Technology
- University of Limpopo (Ga-Rankuwa Campus)
- University of Limpopo (Turfloop Campus)
- University of Venda
IMPORTANT: This list may change. It is therefore important that you double check on the NSFAS website directly if the institution you are interested in is funded by NSFAS.
Find out if a university is funded by NSFAS by clicking here.
Covid-19 has changed the lives of everyone across the globe. Institutions of higher learning had to take major decisions to overcome some of their difficulties.
A gap year is a wonderful opportunity that can help you find yourself and discover your true potential.
A gap year is a chance to learn more about yourself and the world, and it can be a great way to explore your interests.
Most popular articles today
There are a few ways that a matric student can pass their matric year with a National Senior Certificate (NSC), and a Diploma Pass is just one of them. Although the Diploma Pass does not offer the same post-matric options as a Bachelor’s Pass, it still has a lot to offer a student.