The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government bursary that provides tertiary funding to disadvantaged students, who wish to study at any of the 26 public universities or 50 TVET colleges in South Africa.
While you pursue your studies, NSFAS will take care of the financial burden that comes along with getting a tertiary education.
NSFAS funded students receive funding for their tuition, registration and they also receive allowances for their transport, living expenses and learning materials.
Here's where you can apply for the NSFAS bursary in Limpopo:
You can apply online by doing the following:
- Go to https://my.nsfas.org.za/Application/selfservice.jsp
- Create a myNSFAS account
- Click on ‘Apply’ and update your information and upload your application supporting documents
- Click ‘Submit'
There are also application centres around the province such as:
- Moolman Building, 69 Schoeman Street, Polokwane, Limpopo
- Thulamela Information Centre, Punda Maria Road, Thohoyandou, Limpopo
- NYDA District Office : 11 Jourdan Street, Mollies Building, Thabazimbi, Limpopo
- NYDA District Office : 529 Van Reebeck Street, Groblersdal, Sekhukhune, Limpopo
- NYDA District Office : Mopani District Office, Elita Flat no.5, 27 Agatha Street, Central Park, Tzaneen, Limpopo
These application centres were made available for all NSFAS applicants who need assistance with their applications.
In order to qualify for NSFAS funding you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a South African citizen.
- Can be a SASSA grant recipient.
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum.
- Persons with a disability whose combined household income is not more than R600 000 per annum.
- Applicants who first registered at university before 2018 whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.