Does NSFAS Fund University of Pretoria Students?
Are you looking to study or you are studying at the University of Pretoria, and you're wondering if you will qualify to receive funding from NSFAS, you've come to the right place as we have the answers you need.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) issues bursaries through a government bursary scheme which sees them issuing funding to underprivileged students who want to study at universities or TVET colleges.
You might be asking, do they fund the University of Pretoria (UP)?
The answer? Yes, they do.
NSFAS funds those students who plan to attend or are attending one of the country's 26 public Universities and UP is one of them.
UP students get the following allowances:
- Once off book allowance for textbooks and other learning materials which usually is up to R5200 per year
- Meal allowance usually comes to R15 000 paid over a 10 month period
- Travel allowance for students staying at home are usually R7500 paid over 10 months
- Accommodation allowance, for students staying at UP Privately Owned Student Accommodation is given at usually up to R40 000 and is paid over 10 months
NSFAS Requirements for funding:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Financial constraints which doesn't allow you to fund your own studies such as:
- Having a combined household income that's under R350 000 per year
- You have a disability and your combines annual household income is less than R600 000
- You are a SASSA grant recipient
- Must be applying to get a formal qualification from a public university or TVET College
- You passed grade 12
Maluta Netshipale, the 2020/2021 Curro Serengeti Head Girl has secured the attention not only of one international university, but three.
Most popular articles today
Nationally, vaccination drives have been successful. However, some young people have been hesitant to receive a jab, and this remains a daunting challenge. The conversation has reached a point of people asking questions about whether vaccination should be made mandatory in certain spaces.
Other people were also interested in:
NSFAS applications are officially open so apply now on myNSFAS so that you can be financed for the first step to a great future. Part of applying is that you have to submit documents to NSFAS so you might ask yourself, which documents then? Well, here 's the answer.