The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government bursary that provides tertiary funding to disadvantaged students, who wish to study at any of the 26 public universities or 50 TVET colleges in South Africa.
The NSFAS bursary covers the costs of registration, tuition and provides students with various allowances. These allowances cover transport, living expenses and learning materials.
Here's where to apply for NSFAS in the Western Cape:
You can apply online by doing the following:
- Go to https://my.nsfas.org.za/Application/selfservice.jsp
- Create a myNSFAS account
- Click on ‘Apply’ and update your information and upload your application supporting documents
- Click ‘Submit’
There are also application centres around the province such as:
- Shop P 18a Piazza, Golden Acre, Adderley Street, Cape Town, Western Cape
- NYDA District Office : 1 Ngesi Avenue, Sidesaviwa, Beaufort West. Western Cape
- NYDA District Office : 1st Floor, Old Mutual building, Corner York and Hibernia street, George. Western Cape
Applicants in Cape Town can visit the NSFAS walk-in centre found at House Cloete, Brodie Road in Wynberg, Cape Town for help with their application. This centre opens at 9am and closes at 4:30pm.
Thusong Centres around the Western Cape are also available to assist applicants with their NSFAS bursary applications.