NSFAS has opened up their applications for 2021 and everyone is buzzing about it and hurrying to submit their applications. Are you one of them? Are you now stuck with an application status saying 'DHA Verification Failed'? You're not the only one this is happening to. Here's what to do about it.
What this means is that in the process of NSFAS verifying the details and information you have given them through Home Affairs, the verification of it failed. Don't get upset or anxious, this is happening to many applicants right now.
NSFAS has partnered with the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and the South African Revenue Services (SARS) to make sure that fraud doesn't occur in terms of students who are undeserving receiving funding. They then are working through the DHA and SARS to verify the information applicants submit with their application.
Now, when a student sees 'DHA Verification Failed', it means there's been a mismatch during verification.
This is most likely due to a missing name, said NSFAS during an interview on Careers Portal Live. The situation could be that the applicant has more than one name but only gave their first name. This would then create a problem in the verification process.
Students are therefore encouraged to submit their full names when completing their NSFAS applications for 2021 funding.
NSFAS has said that students should expect an update in the coming week and should keep an eye on social media and the NSFAS portal.
Careers Portal will update readers on any developments with this situation and NSFAS applications in general.
Another very good thing to know is that if you're having trouble getting in contact with NSFAS through their toll number, this is simply because the number is currently out of order. Other ways to contact NSFAS should you have any enquiries are as follows:
NSFAS Contact Centre is opened Monday to Friday 08:30 to 17:00
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: National Student Financial Aid Scheme
- Twitter: myNSFAS
- Instagram: myNSFAS
- NSFAS Connect: www.nsfas.org.za and log into your myNSFAS account
NSFAS Applications Related Articles:
- NSFAS 2021 Applications Are Open
- Trying To Apply To NSFAS? Here's How
- These Are The Documents You Need To Apply To NSFAS
- Students At These TVET Colleges Can Get Funded By NSFAS
- Students At These Universities Can Get Funded By NSFAS
- Who Qualifies For A Bursary From NSFAS?
- What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
- What Does NSFAS Do For Postgrad Students?
- How NSFAS Works For TVET College Students
- This Is Who Should Not Apply For NSFAS
- You Can Now Apply To NSFAS At NYDA Centres