Those seeking funding for their higher education can now apply for NSFAS funding in 2021 at National Youth Development Agency centres across South Africa. NSFAS applications for 2021 are now open and will close on 30 November 2020.
NSFAS gives eligible students the opportunity to access free government funding should they meet the criteria.
NSFAS Administrator, Randall Carolissen, said NSFAS continuously provides easy access, reachability, and free access to information by forging and retaining relationships with stakeholder partnerships.
NSFAS has entered into partnership with the NYDA to use their centres to assist applicants who have not yet applied, especially those who do not have internet access and those in rural areas.
Applications are to be done online or at an application center of NSFAS partners such as the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA).
The centres will be open from 14 September, every Monday to Friday during office hours
‘NYDA continues to be instrumental in assisting applicants as application centres, free of charge,’ said NSFAS spokesperson, Phatisa Ntlonze.
NSFAS bursaries are open to individuals who wish to study at public Universities or TVET Colleges.
NSFAS receives around 5000 applications daily and around 6000 as August came to an end. As for how many applications were sent to the financial aid scheme as of 7 September, that total would come to 188 733.
A statement from NSFAS says, "NSFAS anticipates a high volume in applications leading up to the closing date due to the recent economic suffocation due to Covid-19".
NSFAS Applications Related Articles:
- NSFAS 2021 Applications Are Open
- Trying To Apply To NSFAS? Here's How
- These Are The Documents You Need To Apply To NSFAS
- Students At These TVET Colleges Can Get Funded By NSFAS
- Students At These Universities Can Get Funded By NSFAS
- Who Qualifies For A Bursary From NSFAS?
- What Does The NSFAS Bursary Cover?
- What Does NSFAS Do For Postgrad Students?
- How NSFAS Works For TVET College Students
- This Is Who Should Not Apply For NSFAS