Apply For Grants on SASSA Whatsapp Number
After the National State of Disaster came to an end, the regulations under which the Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant was managed changed. This lead to beneficiaries having to reapply and checking on the status of the grant each month.
SASSA Whatsapp Number For R350
Sassa has officially announced that the WhatsApp line is now open for R350 grant applications:
Our Whatsapp application channel for the special COVID-19 SRD grant is now active!
SASSA SRD Whatsapp Number
Here's how to apply for R350 grant on Whatsapp number
It is quite easy to make your Sassa SRD grant application on WhatsApp:
- Add 082 046 8553 as a contact on your phone
- Go on WhatsApp and send a message saying 'hi' to this number
- You will then receive a response and you should then respond saying 'help'
- You will be given various options, reply saying '4'
- This will lead you to the Unathi Sassa platform message which you should reply 'SRD' to
- You then have to confirm whether you're applying for yourself or someone else
- Now the actual application begins and you'll have to submit your name, surname and ID number in the message.
- You will then receive a message on Whatsapp stating the next steps.
In order to access or to have your SRD grant application considered, an applicant must grant consent for Sassa to verify his or her identity, residency, income or social security benefits. Applicants will also need to accept the declaration and consent.
It has been reported that each month, clients will undergo the SRD grant meanstest to ensure that the beneficiary still qualifies for the grant. Sassa has confirmed that it will do so by using financial banks to conduct its meanstest.
Additionally, clients have been advised to check the website after every 3 months to answer a few questions that help the Agency know whether the individual still needs the grant.
SASSA SRD Grant Banking Details
If you need to change your Sassa banking details - including banking details for your SRD grant we have all the details for you. As the grant is re-approved every month you need to make sure that your banking details with Sassa are correct or your grant won't be paid. The bank account must be in your own name as grants can't be paid into someone else's account. You'll find all the details in our Sassa banking details FAQ. You can also view our video on how to check your Sassa grant status.