The Department of Basic Education has resources that learners can use to prepare for their matric exams. These resources are available on a number of platforms.
There are pre-recorded radio/audio lessons for priority subjects; these priority subjects are:
- Agricultural Science
- Business studies
- English FAL
- Life Sciences
- Mathematics Literacy
- Physical Sciences
These audio lessons are available online and are good for those who prefer an auditory learning style.
Woza Matrics: Study Guides & TV lessons
Woza Matrics is a campaign that provides study guides and revision in a wide range of matric subjects. It was founded by the Department of Basic Education in 2020 during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The aim of the campaign is to give matric learners access to content that will help them catch up with the curriculum. This content can be accessed on TV as well as a number of digital and non-digital platforms.
- Matric Live
- Virtual Educator-Led Learning Experiences
- MTN Online School
- Teacher Connect
- Print media
- Free-to-air educational TV broadcasts
- SABC radio programmes
- Provincial education departments
There are nine provincial education departments, which all aim to improve the academic performance of matric learners by providing them with online study resources and tips:
- Eastern Cape Department of Education
- Free State Education Department
- Gauteng Department of Education
- Kwazulu-Natal Department of Education
- Limpopo Department of Education
- Mpumalanga Department of Education
- North West Department of Education
- Northern Cape Department of Education
- Western Cape Education Department
Additional study resources are also available on the national Department of Basic Education's website. These resources also include support for those rewriting their matric exams through the Second Chance Matric programme.