The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) is the agency tasked by the South African government to administer social grants to eligible citizens in the country. Sassa also provides various forms of social assistance, including grants for older persons, persons with disabilities, child support and foster care grants.
Sassa is responsible for the application, approval and distribution of social grants to beneficiaries across the country. The agency plays a crucial role in providing support to vulnerable individuals and families in South Africa, and assists them in affording basic goods and services.
These grants are distributed on a monthly basis.
The Sassa SRD R350 Grant
The Sassa SRD grant is a very popular social grant. It is also known as the Sassa R350 grant as it pays R350 each month to adults with no other income.
Are you looking for the Sassa R350 grant payment dates? The Sassa payment dates are very important so that you know what day you will received the grant. But the R350 grant is different to the other grants. If you aren't sure whether you will get it you should do a status check on your Sassa grant to check that everything is correct.
The grant payment schedule for 2023/24 has officially been released. Here are the payment dates for the remainder of 2023, and the beginning of 2024.
- Older Persons - Friday, 2 June
- Disability - Monday, 5 June
- Children's - Tuesday, 6 June
- Older Persons - Tuesday, 4 July
- Disability - Wednesday, 5 July
- Children's - Thursday, 6 July
- Older Persons - Wednesday, 2 August
- Disability - Thursday, 3 August
- Children's - Friday, 4 August
- Older Persons - Tuesday, 5 September
- Disability- Wednesday, 6 September
- Children's - Thursday, 7 September
- Older Personst - Tuesday, 3 October
- Disability - Wednesday, 4 October
- Children's- Thursday, 5 October
- Older Persons - Thursday, 2 November
- Disability - Friday, 3 November
- Children's - Monday, 6 November
- Older Persons- Friday, 1 December
- Disability - Monday, 4 December
- Children's - Tuesday, 5 December
- Older Persons - Wednesday, 3 January
- Disability - Thursday, 4 January
- Children's - Friday, 5 January
- Older Persons- Friday, 2 February
- Disability - Monday, 5 February
- Children's - Tuesday, 6 February
- Older Persons - Tuesday, 5 March
- Disability - Wednesday, 6 March
- Children's - Thursday, 7 March
There is no fixed payment date for the temporary R350 grant.
You do not need to rush to withdraw your payment on the first day; once the money has been sent to your account, it will remain there until you need it. You must also be sure that Sassa has the correct banking details for you so that they can pay the money into the correct account.
If Sassa tell you that you cannot receive a grant you are able to ask for an appeal about your Sassa grant status.
Is your application stuck on Pending? We've covered what this means and what steps to take next.