It is a new chance to get ahead in your studies and to be an active participant in the global job market.
It is available to any person who has not passed their matric examination and wishes to attain their matric certificate/grade 12 certificate.
The programme provides an opportunity for adults who did not complete their high school education, or failed their matric examination, to obtain their school leaving certificate and thus further their education if they so choose.
Admission to the Senior Certificate
Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven)
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who have already obtained a qualification but wish to improve their results/status.
Amended Senior Certificate Registration
Adults that qualify to write the 2022 Senior Certificate examination must register for the examination from 01 October 2021 until 31 January 2022.
Candidates may register at any provincial education office OR register online on www.eservices.gov.za.