Everything You Need To Know About The Amended Senior Certificate
For many adults, the possibility of completing the required high school education and obtaining their Matric certificate is a new and exciting prospect.
It is a new chance to get ahead in your studies and to be an active participant in the global job market.
It is available to any person who has not passed their matric examination and wishes to attain their matric certificate/grade 12 certificate.
The programme provides an opportunity for adults who did not complete their high school education, or failed their matric examination, to obtain their school leaving certificate and thus further their education if they so choose.
Admission to the Senior Certificate
Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven)
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
- Adult candidates who have already obtained a qualification but wish to improve their results/status.
Amended Senior Certificate Registration
Adults that qualify to write the 2022 Senior Certificate examination must register for the examination from 01 October 2021 until 31 January 2022.
Candidates may register at any provincial education office OR register online on www.eservices.gov.za.
NSFAS has opened its application season for learners and out-of-school youth who will be studying at public universities and TVET colleges in 2022. However, some applicants have had trouble finding their courses listed on the NSFAS website.
Most popular articles today
Between all the matric pass levels available in South Africa, the Bachelor’s Pass allows the student the most variety to pursue multiple post-matric opportunities without restraining the student’s options. The following is a description of these pass options, including what the requirements are for a Bachelor’s Pass.
Other people were also interested in:
The lack of job security for the youth continues to be a prevailing issue in South Africa. Project Lead at Youth Capital, Kristal Duncan-Williams breaks down how the organisation wants to reduce youth unemployment.
Zezethu Giyose has come a long way from the small village Tamara in the Eastern Cape where she grew up. Today, the young accountant is employed by the Eastcape Midlands College where she assists in the Quality Management Systems and Internal Audit Office work thanks to an opportunity she received from AT(SA). Her inspiring story is shared below.