Trying to decide where to study further? Well, Northern Cape is home to excellent tertiary education offerings. Studying in Northern Cape, you will be afforded a range of both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Northern Cape is home to only one University. However, it is a really good one.
Sol Plaatje University
Sol Plaatje University (SPU) was the first University built after Apartheid and was the first built in Northern Cape. SPU offers a range of both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
SPU states that it is, ''Positioning itself as a niche university, SPU offers academic programmes of a high intellectual nature in fields that meet the needs of the South African thrust to develop a nation that is proud of its heritage and roots."
SPU has only one campus located in the Civic Centre in Kimberly.
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Natural and Applied Sciences
Sol Plaatje also offers on-campus accommodation to students. Residences at Sol Plaatje University are equipped with WiFi, have academic, recreational and social spaces available for students and have 24 hours security on-site. SPU's on-campus residences can accommodate 60% of SPU students.
SPU has four on-campus residences
- Moroka Hall of Residence, located on the central campus and accommodates 550 students
- Mhudi Hall, located off Du Toitspan Road and accommodates 62 students
- Ra-Thaga Hall, located off Edward Street and accommodates 112 students
- Tauana Residence, located off Jacobus Smit Aveue and accommodates 220 final year students