NSFAS has said that if you have not received your allowance due to a cellphone number update, you will need to update your cellphone number which is used for your NSFAS wallet.
To change your number, you need to:
- Log into your myNSFAS account
- Proceed to update your personal details
- Change your current cellphone number on the myNSFAS portal to that of your NSFAS wallet account, if they're different
- Now change that number to the new cellphone number you wish to use on your NSFAS wallet account
- You will then receive an SMS advising you to verify your wallet account by dialling *120*176# from your new cell phone number
- Enter your password
- You will be required to re-verify
- Follow the prompts on your cellphone to complete the process
If you are unable to access your myNSFAS account to submit this request, you may send a request to NSFAS via the NSFAS social media inbox (DM) or email.
You can also contact NSFAS for assistance by calling 08000 67327 or reach them on their social media accounts.