The Department of Basic Education has announced that the Funza Lushaka Bursary applications are being extended.
Applications were originally supposed to close on 28 February but will now be closing on 3 March instead.
DBE has said:
Kindly note that the closing of the Funza Lushaka application system has been postponed to Wednesday, 3 March 2021 at 00:00.
This is said to be due to technical issues happening on the system.
All first time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary. The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession.
Bursaries are available to enable selected students to complete a teaching qualification in identified areas of priority. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
How To Apply
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2021 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
For further queries, you can send an email to [email protected]
— Elijah Mhlanga (@ElijahMhlanga) March 1, 2021