The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Trimester 2 application window was open from 5 May 2023 until 22 May 2023. However, they have extended this application deadline. You can complete your NSFAS funding application online in a few simple steps.
NSFAS has extended the deadline for Trimester 2 applications for Engineering Students until Friday, 9 June 2023.
How To Apply For NSFAS Funding
You can complete your online application via the NSFAS website.
- Go to the NSFAS website.
- Click on the 'myNSFAS' tab.
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the 'APPLY' tab and complete the sections on the screen.
- Upload required supporting documents where applicable.
- Click on 'Submit'
When completing your online application, make sure that all your details are correct to prevent any delays in the application process.
You also need to make sure that you have all the necessary documents on hand so that you can upload them with your application form.
If you need assistance with the application process you may visit your college bursary office for help on how to apply.
Colleges typically have a bursary office where students can receive assistance with submitting their applications. An official will do the application on behalf of the student if they provide them with the following information and documents:
- Copy of South African birth certificate/copy of ID document/Temporary ID of the student.
- Copy of South African birth certificate/copy of ID document/Temporary ID of parent(s)/guardian/spouse.
- Proof of income – student/parent(s)/guardian or spouse (not older than 3 months)
- SASSA recipients do not require proof of income.
Make sure that you complete and submit your application before the deadline to ensure that you can receive funding for your studies.
NSFAS applications for Semester 2 Business Studies students will be open from 17 until 30 July 2023.
NSFAS is a government organisation that provides financial assistance to students wanting to further their education at a university, college or TVET college. Students need to meet certain eligibility criteria in order to qualify for funding from the bursary scheme.