Want to get distinctions in matric? Sure, everyone does. Of course you can’t guarantee distinctions, but there are a few simple things you can do to make your chances of passing matric with distinctions much higher. Please take a look at the list below with our 8 top tips on how you can get distinctions in your matric.
Getting distinctions in matric
- Set goals: Always aim to achieve your best, and make sure you are always studying or doing an assignment with a purpose in mind.
- Make sure you understand what a question is asking you, and that you can explain as much of it as possible.
- Answer all questions in full, and more than once – every question deserves your attention and thought.
- Keep up with the teacher in terms of pace, be willing to take notes on his/her explanations, and ask relevant questions if something is confusing.
- Be organised; have all your matric course work to date organised and accessible (either digitally or through physical files).
- Sleep enough can between each exam period – this will help you remain alert during your exams, as well as keep your mind fresh with information learned earlier in the year/term/book!
- Treat each exam like an opportunity – seize the opportunity to do your best!
- Read sample matric exam scripts beforehand for any subjects which are new to you and discuss them with your teachers so that you understand the style of answer required for each type of question. Use past exam scripts from a similar subject or similar school because they will provide valuable insight into what will be tested on the day of the final.
Knowing how to pass matric is an important part of every South African student’s life. It’s no secret that getting distinctions is tough. There’s a whole lot of hard work that goes into it, not to mention all the studying hours and test prep you’ll have to do.
Continue reading: Get Your Higher Education Applications Out Of The Way