Did you know that submitting a R350 grant application online is free? NO data needed! The SASSA SRD website, where you can apply for the Special Relief of Distress (SRD) grant, is free to use.
The SRD website is zero-rated which means that you are not charged data for using it when applying for the SRD grant.
So how do you submit a R350 grant application online?
- Go to the SRD website which can be found at srd.sassa.gov.za
- Scroll down to the 'How do I apply for this SRD Grant' section
- Click on the yellow bar which says 'click here to apply online'
- Enter your mobile number
- Click "send sms"
- Then enter the one time pin (OTP) that SASSA has sent to the number
- Continue the application process by filling in the steps required by SASSA
Applicants will also need to accept the declaration and consent. Confirmation will be received as soon as the application has been successfully submitted.
If you have successfully completed your application, you will receive a notification of your application outcome on the platform you applied on.
You only have to submit an application once for the R350 grant.
If you applied using the Moya app, SASSA has clarified that applications done on the SRD website through the services of the Moya App will still come through to SASSA.
This grant is geared towards anyone who does not have any source of income at all. If that month you had money in the account you provided, you will not get the grant.