The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government bursary that provides tertiary funding to disadvantaged South African students, who wish to pursue their studies at a public university or TVET college in the country.
NSFAS provides funding for tuition, registration and they provide students with allowances for their transport, living expenses and learning materials.
Here's where you can apply for NSFAS in Mpumalanga:
You can apply online by doing the following:
- Go to https://my.nsfas.org.za/Application/selfservice.jsp
- Create a myNSFAS account
- Click on ‘Apply’ and update your information and upload your application supporting documents
- Click ‘Submit’
There are also application centres around the province such as:
- National Youth Development Agency (NYDA): 24 Smuts Avenue, Erf 173, Emalahleni, Mpumalanga
- National Youth Development Agency (NYDA): Office no 7 & 8 Imbizo Place, Samora Machel Drive, Mbombela, Ehlanzeni, Mpumalanga
- National Youth Development Agency (NYDA): Third Door, Kiewit Office Park, Block D, Secunda, Mpumalanga
- NYDA District Office : Thulamahashi Municipality Office, R533 Graskop Road, Thulamahashi. Bohlabela. Mpumalanga. Opposite Mapulaneng Driving Licensing Testing Centre.
If you need help with your NSFAS application then you can visit one of these centres, where you will receive assistance to complete and submit your application.
These application centres are made up of National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) centres, Thusong Centres and various other teacher and youth development centres.
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
- All applicants must provide a copy of ID. A temporary ID issued by the Department of Home Affairs will be accepted
- Non-SASSA applicants must provide ID copies of parent/s, legal guardian/guardian or spouse
- Smart ID cards: a copy with both sides of the smart ID must be provided
- Proof of income: applicant and/or parents/legal guardian/spouse (where applicable (non-SASSA) should provide latest payslip not older 3 months, UIF letter, appointment letter, retrenchment letter (applicant and/or parent(s), legal guardian/spouse)
- Person with disabilities: to complete Disability Annexure A form.