Rejected By NSFAS? You Can Appeal
If your application to be funded through NSFAS was rejected, you can appeal to NSFAS to reconsider it. NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify.
Did you apply to NSFAS for a bursary but got rejected? You have a second chance! You can now appeal to have them reconsider your application.
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify.
How To Submit An Appeal
- Log into your myNSFAS account
- Click on 'Track Application Progress' to view your application status
- If unsuccessful, you should see 'Appeal'
- Click on 'Appeal'
- Provide the relevant information and supporting documents
NSFAS appeals for returning students are yet to open. NSFAS will communicate the opening and closing dates for this process as well as how it's going to be done when the appeal cycle opens.
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- Material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- Student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved post graduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
As of right now, there is no closing date for appeals. Applications should expect to get responses to their appeals 30 days after submitting it.
NSFAS refers to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme which offers bursaries to South African students who plan to study at public universities and TVET colleges. They cover funding for registration, tuition and allowances.
A Diploma in Grade R Teaching is the minimum qualification for Grade R teachers. The purpose of the Diploma in Grade R Teaching is to develop teachers who can demonstrate general principles, as well as focused knowledge and skills appropriate for Grade R teaching.
At Nedbank, they offer the following solutions through our frontline clusters, Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking, Nedbank Wealth and Nedbank Africa Regions:
- A wide range of wholesale and retail banking services.
- A growing insurance, asset management and wealth management offering.
A social grant refers to grants paid by government to South African citizens who are in need of assistance. In South Africa, social grants are administered by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). Social grants are in place to help improve standards of living in society and are given to people who are vulnerable to poverty and in need of state support.
SARS eFiling is a free, online process for the submission of returns and declarations and other related services.
This free service allows taxpayers, tax practitioners and businesses to register free of charge and submit returns and declarations, make payments and perform a number of other interactions with SARS in a secure online environment.
Most popular articles today
Academy Training Group (Pty) Ltd was established in 1997 and serves as a private training institution. We have over 24 years of reputable experience in the Education and Training industry! Academy Training Group is registered with Department of Higher Education. Their objective is to provide practical training and knowledge for a professional level of competency. Full-time lecturers at Academy Training Group are well qualified and hold relevant qualifications. ATG’s bespoken training courses are designed to deliver maximum benefits in the key areas of today’s business world.
Violent protests took place on Thursday at the Mangosuthu University of Technology. The situation seems to have calmed down, however, classes remain suspended. The Minister and the MEC of education in the province have addressed the matter.
Applications for Trimester 2 are open at Northern Cape Urban TVET College. This is for engineering studies. Apply now before it's too late!