Rejected By NSFAS? You Can Appeal
If your application to be funded through NSFAS was rejected, you can appeal to NSFAS to reconsider it. NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify.
Did you apply to NSFAS for a bursary but got rejected? You have a second chance! You can now appeal to have them reconsider your application.
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify.
How To Submit An Appeal
- Log into your myNSFAS account
- Click on 'Track Application Progress' to view your application status
- If unsuccessful, you should see 'Appeal'
- Click on 'Appeal'
- Provide the relevant information and supporting documents
NSFAS appeals for returning students are yet to open. NSFAS will communicate the opening and closing dates for this process as well as how it's going to be done when the appeal cycle opens.
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- Material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- Student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved post graduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
As of right now, there is no closing date for appeals. Applications should expect to get responses to their appeals 30 days after submitting it.
NSFAS refers to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme which offers bursaries to South African students who plan to study at public universities and TVET colleges. They cover funding for registration, tuition and allowances.
West Coast TVET College has opened their Trimester 2 applications. The college provides you with an opportunity to make a career change with the skills you gain.
King Hinsta has opened up their applications for semester two and you can now apply. They offer a good range of sources from Business management to hospitality. Hurry up and apply as the applications close soon.
Most popular articles today
Civil society groups are now calling government's termination of the R350 grant 'unjust' and have called for government to extend the grant until the Basic Income Grant is implemented. The #PayTheGrants campaign has said that citizens have the right to these grants.
WeThinkCode_ calls for applications from candidates in Kwa-Zulu Natal for its software programme that kicks off in July 2021. This comes after the opening of the academy’s Durban campus. They have 100 fully funded courses available.
Other people were also interested in:
Are you in Matric? Looking to study further in 2022? Institutions of higher learning applications start opening from May 2021 to study in 2022.
A gap year is typically known as a sabbatical year that is usually taken by students after high school. The aim of taking a gap year is to provide students to discover themselves and decide what type of education and career pathway they wish to pursue. A gap year is a way of getting students to step out of their comfort zones away from their familiar surroundings into a new environment.
SASSA has discovered a high number of temporary disability grant holders in the Western Cape. They are conducting research with The University of Cape Town, to understand the reason behind the abnormally high numbers.
Are you a TVET College students doing Trimester or Semester Study? Need financial assistance? NSFAS Applications for Trimester and Semester Study are open so apply now.