How To Get Your SARS Tax Number Via SMS
It is very important to ensure that you are registered with SARS and that you've got a tax number. Lost yours or simply forgot what your tax number is? No stress. Follow the steps below.
Need your tax number? Register on eFiling.
If you have forgotten your tax number you can request it from SARS in various ways:
- Send them a query. Please ensure your details match SARS records.
- You can get it on eFiling if you are registered as an eFiler. All you need to do is log on and check your number.
- You can also request your notice of registration via the MobiApp if you are a registered eFiler.
- eFiling has been updated to allow taxpayers to request the Notice of Registration (IT150) under the 'SARS Registered Details' menu option.
- At a SARS branch. Remember to make an appointment before you visit a branch.
Top Tip: SARS will not provide your tax number to another person, unless the person is your tax practitioner or has power of attorney to conduct your tax affairs.
Most popular articles today
A bunch of us are patiently waiting for NSFAS to announce when their 2022 applications will open. Now, the financial aid scheme has given us some insight into why we are seeing this delay.