Get Higher benefits from Higher Education!
Boston has it's job cut out for them as Matric results are out and the 2021 academic year is about to kick off. Direct your attention to Boston's Higher Certificate qualification offerings.
Now that matric results are out, we can all proceed with our academics for 2021! A great way forward is to investigate the benefits of a Higher Certificate. These benefits are many and include:
- Fees subsidy. Boston subsidises the Higher Certificates by up to 30%, making this an affordable Higher Education.
- Level of education: The Higher Certificate sits at level 5, equivalent to first year of a degree.
- Articulation: for those who did not get degree entry, completion of the Higher Certificate gives not only degree entry but also accumulates credits towards an appropriate degree or diploma. This is a great alternative to matric rewrites.
- Basic entry level workplace skills. A higher certificate makes you work ready in your career choice, providing skills in demand by employers.
- Time saving: a higher certificate takes on average ne year to complete, meaning by the end of this year you will have added a completed qualification to your CV, making you more employable.
- Business Skills: if you are entrepreneurial, spending a year gaining basic business skills such as finance and marketing, will hep you up your game when you establish your own business.
- Accreditation. A Higher Certificate is accredited by the Council on Higher Education. Boston also has international institutional accreditation from the British accreditation council as well as candidacy accreditation for specific programmes from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, USA.
- Try outs: if you are unsure as to whether you will enjoy your chosen career, or wish to know more before you commit to a three-year degree or diploma, or wish to see if you will manage higher education academics, the Higher Certificate allows you to judge.
- Work place Skills Plans: The time of year is approaching when all companies must submit their WSP (Workplace Skills Plan) discussing the planned and completed skills development of their employees. “We at Boston believe this is an opportune moment to register staff for a Higher Certificate with Boston.” says Ari Katz, CEO of Boston. Katz continues that the Higher Certificate can be completed in one year. “This means that while you will record the training as planned on this year’s WSP, by this time next year it will be recorded as completed as you will be able to submit the costs of the training as part of your skills development. This is a labour department requirement, and Boston is easily available to facilitate this for you.”
- Study anywhere, anytime. With Boston’s Higher Education being available online, you can carry on seamlessly with home life or work life while you complete the higher certificate.
- Motivation! Jerome Van de Merwe of Boston Orange Grove has found that working students are very motivated and disciplined to complete assignments on time, as especially with the Higher Certificates, a qualification is well within their reach in only one year.
Katz says that the value of the Higher Certificates is that they are full qualifications, providing basic entry-level skills in over 13 different disciplines, carry accreditation and add to a CV or a company’s skills pool, while growing the individual. “In addition, stats have shown a vast increase in productivity due to both skills and motivation when corporate takes the time and interest to sponsor a staff member.”
Visit www.boston.co.za, or call 011 551 2000.
A Diploma in Grade R Teaching is the minimum qualification for Grade R teachers. The purpose of the Diploma in Grade R Teaching is to develop teachers who can demonstrate general principles, as well as focused knowledge and skills appropriate for Grade R teaching.
At Nedbank, they offer the following solutions through our frontline clusters, Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking, Nedbank Retail and Business Banking, Nedbank Wealth and Nedbank Africa Regions:
- A wide range of wholesale and retail banking services.
- A growing insurance, asset management and wealth management offering.
A social grant refers to grants paid by government to South African citizens who are in need of assistance. In South Africa, social grants are administered by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA). Social grants are in place to help improve standards of living in society and are given to people who are vulnerable to poverty and in need of state support.
SARS eFiling is a free, online process for the submission of returns and declarations and other related services.
This free service allows taxpayers, tax practitioners and businesses to register free of charge and submit returns and declarations, make payments and perform a number of other interactions with SARS in a secure online environment.
Most popular articles today
Academy Training Group (Pty) Ltd was established in 1997 and serves as a private training institution. We have over 24 years of reputable experience in the Education and Training industry! Academy Training Group is registered with Department of Higher Education. Their objective is to provide practical training and knowledge for a professional level of competency. Full-time lecturers at Academy Training Group are well qualified and hold relevant qualifications. ATG’s bespoken training courses are designed to deliver maximum benefits in the key areas of today’s business world.
Violent protests took place on Thursday at the Mangosuthu University of Technology. The situation seems to have calmed down, however, classes remain suspended. The Minister and the MEC of education in the province have addressed the matter.
Applications for Trimester 2 are open at Northern Cape Urban TVET College. This is for engineering studies. Apply now before it's too late!