The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a government bursary that provides tertiary funding to disadvantaged South African students, who wish to pursue their studies at a public university or TVET college in the country.
So where can you apply for this bursary in the Eastern Cape?
You can apply online by doing the following:
- Go to https://my.nsfas.org.za/Application/selfservice.jsp
- Create a myNSFAS account
- Click on ‘Apply’ and update your information and upload your application supporting documents
- Click ‘Submit’
There are also application centres around the province such as:
- 2nd Floor, FNB Building, Oxford Street, East London, Eastern Cape
- Erf 1400, Ntsizwa Street, Mount Ayliff, Alfred Nzo District, Eastern Cape
- Kwantu Towers, Ground Floor, Govern Mbeki Avenue, Market Square, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
- Myezo House, Nelson Mandela Drive, Shell Ultra City - Mthatha, N2, Mthatha, OR District, Eastern Cape (building next Shell garage)
- ECDC Building, 22 Cathcart street, Komani, Chris Hani District, Eastern Cape
These application centres are made up of National Youth Development Agency (NYDA) centres, Thusong Centres and various other teacher and youth development centres.
They have been opened to assist students from the Eastern Cape with their NSFAS bursary applications, especially those who don't have access to the internet or a mobile device.
The NSFAS bursary covers the costs of registration, tuition and provides students with various allowances. These allowances cover transport, living expenses and learning materials.