You have applied for funding from NSFAS but are not sure it covers. Here is a guide as to what your funding covers.
NSFAS funding is all-encompassing and it includes:
- Subsidised book allowance
- Subsidised meal allowances
- Prescribed learning material
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Subsidised accommodations
- Subsidised transport allowances for spending
Students with disabilities and students who are beneficiaries of social grants automatically qualify for NSFAS funding. Students wanting to study towards postgraduate qualifications do not qualify for NSFAS funding and are encouraged to seek funding from the National Skill Fund and the National Research Foundation.