The National Student Financial Aid Scheme is a government entity under the Department of Higher Education and Training established according to the NSFAS Act (Act 56 of 1999).
NSFAS covers tuition fees, accommodation fees, transport fees, and various allowances.
Follow these steps to register your NSFAS account:
- Click here to visit the NSFAS website.
- Click the myNSFAS tab in the top right corner.
- Select "Register".
- Tick the box that will allow NSFAS to verify the details you provide.
- Input your ID number as stated on your ID document.
- Input your complete names including your surname as these appear on the ID document you have provided.
- Input your email address.
- Input your email address again to confirm it.
- Input your cellphone number.
- Input your preferred password.
- Input your preferred password again to confirm it.
- Upload a copy of your ID document.
- Click on Register.
- Wait for the OTP on your cellphone and email address. Remember that this OTP will expire after 24 hours so you must use it right away.
- Input the OTP then click on Submit.
After you have followed all of these steps, you would have already created your myNSFAS account. Every time you have to log in, simply input your username and password in the appropriate fields. You can then check the status of your NSFAS application.
To activate your myNSFAS account, you need the OTP. As soon as you receive this OTP, input it in the corresponding field.