NMU Extends Applications Closing Date
Nelson Mandela University in the Eastern Cape has announced that they have extended their closing date for 2021 applications. Prospective students who wish to study at Nelson Mandela University in 2021 are invited to apply for a certificate, diploma or degree qualification using their online application system now!
Nelson Mandela University (NMU) in the Eastern Cape has announced that they have extended their closing date for 2021 applications.
2021 applications will now close on 14 November 2020.
The University said:
Applications for 2021 are still open and the closing date has been extended to allow more time for prospective students to complete an online application form.
Nelson Mandela University is today a sought-after educational destination and the most diverse university in South Africa. NMU brings together practical and higher education, as students can study towards diplomas and degrees up to and including doctoral level, and a number of courses include workplace experience as part of the curriculum.
NMU also said, "Applicants will also now be able to apply for full programmes, but your application will be placed on a reserve list and your application will only be considered if you meet the direct entry requirements and a place becomes available."
The University has more than 500 study programmes in seven excellent faculties that help their students achieve academic excellence. They are well-known for art and design, building, chartered accounting, engineering, health and environmental sciences, and information technology.
How to apply
Decided what you want to study? Meet the requirements? Right, now you can apply. Apply online for admission to study at Nelson Mandela University here.
- a copy of your final Grade 11 exam results or;
- the most recent Grade 12 (June/Sept) exam results (no March results), or
- a copy of your matriculation certificate/statement of results if you have already passed Grade 12/completed schooling,
- copies of your diploma/degree certificates plus academic record(s) and certificate(s) of conduct if you have studied elsewhere,
- a copy of your ID (birth certificate if still waiting for ID),
- a copy of the identity document of your parent/legal guardian/surety,
- declaration by your parent / legal guardian / surety which can be found here
- If you are a dependent, or currently at school, or studying at a tertiary institution, or have recently left school and do/will not have permanent employment when applying or studying at the university.
- If you are admitted you will receive an Orientation Booklet together with registration information in November/December.
Final acceptance is dependent on your final school leaving results meeting the minimum admission requirements for your chosen programme, or the submission of your final academic record and certificate of conduct if you are studying elsewhere.
Click here if you want to track your application status or confirm an offer.
Covid-19 has changed the lives of everyone across the globe. Institutions of higher learning had to take major decisions to overcome some of their difficulties.
A gap year is a wonderful opportunity that can help you find yourself and discover your true potential.
A gap year is a chance to learn more about yourself and the world, and it can be a great way to explore your interests.
Most popular articles today
The University of South Africa continues to be the country's, highest contributor when it comes to candidates who have passed the Initial Test of Competence (ICT) exam at its College of Accounting Sciences.
Other people were also interested in:
The Department of Basic Education has once again experienced another fatal stabbing incident between two learners. The stabbing on school grounds has become a common occurrence in South African schools which the department has struggled to address in recent years.