The Funza Lushaka Bursary scheme provides teaching bursaries to students who are studying towards a Bachelor of Education (BEd) or Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE).
Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary close today, 1 February, for new applicants. To learn more about the Funza Lushaka requirements, click here.
The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year programme to promote teaching as a profession. All first time applicants must be 30 years or younger to apply for Funza Lushaka Bursary.
If you're interested in the bursary but haven't applied yet, here's how:
- Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2022 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
The bursary covers your tuition fees, accommodation including meals, books and learning materials. Students will also get a possible small allowance for monthly living expenses.
When deciding who should be selected for the bursary, the department looks at which subjects are being studied. The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
Read more on the priority subject areas, here.