Ok, so maybe that's easier said than done. You've got a lot on your mind right now, you may be starting college or university soon and it may seem like there are plenty of things to worry about. But don't stress out. Here are some tips to keep in mind during this exciting yet slightly stressful time:
- Relax: Enjoy the fact that you have reached this stage! You worked hard for it. Remember to take care of yourself during these next few weeks and try not to get stressed out. And if you do get stressed out, know that there is always someone to talk to about your concerns.
- Stay focused: Remember why you are here in the first place. Yes, celebrating is fun but try not to go overboard with it or forget why you were working so hard in the first place.
- Be open-minded: There is a big world out there. Explore it and go and grab your opportunities with both hands.
One of the ways in which you can balance studies and personal life is by scheduling time to study in your calendar. You'll be surprised at how much more productive you are when you actually plan ahead.
Alternative small ways to incorporate fun into your varsity life can by by trying to do your homework outdoors if you can (weather permitting of course). Or if you have time, try going for a walk or get coffee with friends to help you relax and take a mental break from studying.
The most important thing is just to do something active and clear your mind. This way when you go back to your books, the information will be all fresh in your head again. Trust me this works!
Tips to balance fun and studies:
- Don't be afraid to try something new!
- Ask for help when you need it!
- If you don't know, just say so, ask someone else and keep trying.
- Stay positive, it gets better!
- Get enough sleep and eat well, your body needs fuel to function!
- Accept challenges, don't be afraid of failure! Learn from it, get back up and try again!
- Don't be afraid to ask for help or even just vent to a friend if needed!
Yes we all have social lives but we can also still have fun while studying!