The City of Joburg's Pikitup has 300 vacancies right now for General Workers at various deports across the city. Reporting to the team leader the jobs pay R9,531 per month.
To carry out relevant cleaning and/or refuse bin delivery-related tasks. These tasks can include any one or more of Street Cleaning, Stacking, Sweeping, Lane Flushing, Carcass Removal and/or Bin Deliveries and other general duties.
- Street Cleaning and Sweeping.
- Collect all material and equipment needed to perform the day's work
- Clean designated area/streets using a broom and shovel and place refuse in bags.
- Transport refuse bags to pavement using a trolley.
- Clean all bins.
- Report all incidences relating to safety, equipment and injuries to team leaders.
- Report complains and queries to the team leaders.
- Begin litter picking (including pavements) in same area, once street has been swept and cleaned.
- Litter pick one side of the street first and then the other side, using appropriate tools (bag and
- trolley); cleaning all litter: Clean one side at a time - do not criss-cross streets.
- Liaise with members of the public, service users and officials of other departments, ensuring prompt
- resolution of complaints and queries.
- Draw out the correct number of bags from the store and distribute them accordingly.
- Get acquainted with the designated area.
- Distribute bags to consumers, according to services.
- Collect refuse bags and place them on the trolley for stacking.
- Grade 10
- Must be physically and mentally fit
- No criminal record
- Must be South African
- Police Clearance
- Reside within City of Johannesburg
12 months relevant or similar experience
Required Competencies: Knowledge:
- Knowledge of relevant tools, equipment and procedures
- Understanding of relevant legislation; knowledge of relevant company procedures.
Particulars of advertiser:
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Kindly apply by using the link below:
How To Apply
Applicants must submit their CV together with certified copies of identity document, qualifications
and police clearance.
Pikitup reserves the right not to fill any vacancies.
Correspondence will only be entered into with shortlisted applicants. Should you not hear from us
within six weeks after the closing date of the advert please consider your application unsuccessful.