Ekurhuleni West College - EWC College
A Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) qualification assists students in gaining skills that they will need to find employment in South Africa.
Ekurhuleni West TVET College (EWC) is a public institution regulated by the FET Colleges Act no 16 of 2006, as amended.
EWC is situated in the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality in Gauteng Province. The college operates within a broad band of diverse communities, and comprises of six campuses.
- Kathorus, (in Katlehong/ Vosloorus/ Thokoza),
- Kempton (in Kempton Park)
The institution offers a range of courses in several study fields including, business studies, engineering studies, utility studies and occupational programmes.
EWC says, “We aspire to equip students with knowledge and skills by offering appropriate, quality, education and training programmes in order to empower students to readily obtain employment or become self-employed.”
How To Submit Your EWC Online Application
The college has two application procedures, one for new students and another for all returning students.
You are considered to be a new student if:
- You are applying for the first time to Ekurhuleni West TVET College.
- You were not enrolled for any course at Ekurhuleni West TVET College before.
- You did not have an EWC Student number in any previous year.
Ekurhuleni West College Online Application
Follow these steps to apply
Step 1: Do the placement test
All candidates need to complete a compulsory placement screening test before submitting an official application. This test will assist students in making the decision on what to study.
Students are urged not to let anyone else complete this screening on their behalf, as they will be recommended for the wrong course.
“If someone else completes the screening this can result in you performing badly in the course recommended by our system.”
Candidates can visit the EWC website to complete the screening test.
Step 2: Submit your Ekurhuleni West College online application:
- Visit the official Ekurhuleni West College Application portal.
- Scroll down to “Please Select”
- Select YES or No – (if you have already started an application)
- Read and accept the POPI clause.
- Complete the application by following the prompts.
- Submit all required documents
Returning Student Applications
All EWC students who are returning to do another semester or trimester have to submit an online application via the website.
To apply online, returning students are click here: Online Applications - Returning Students.
Documents Needed For EWC Online Application
All applications are urged to submit the following certified documents:
- Grade 12 certificate/Statement of results/Latest school report/DHET certificate
- ID document
- Proof of residence
The institution has noted that if students need a NSFAS bursary, they must also upload proof of income and their parents or legal guardians' IDs.
Should candidates encounter any difficulties with their application they are advised to visit their nearest campus for assistance with the application.