Struggling to apply to that government job? Is the new Z83 application form confusing you? We can help.
What Is The Z83 Form?
Z83 forms form is important to an employer, as it indicates whether an applicant meets the minimum requirements and qualifications for the job position. This form is reviewed by the selected shortlisting committee.
When you're interested and wanting to apply for a job vacancy within the State, you are required to fill out a Z83 application form.
Once government releases job vacancies, applicants need to submit the completed Z83 application form which helps them choose a person for an advertised post. From there, candidates are chosen for interviews.
How To Fill Out the Z83 Form
Each application for employment form must be fully completed, duly signed and initialed by the applicant. Failure to do this, may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process.
Applicants must indicate the reference number of the vacancy in their applications. Additionally, make sure that the Declaration section is signed and dated, as if it is not completed it is an immediate disqualification.
Section A, B, C and D on the form are compulsory and Section E, F and G can be ignored if a CV is attached.
Along with this form, applicants will need to submit their detailed CVs and nothing else. Government has made it clear that additional documents will be requested, should the candidate make it to the interview step.
- Click here to download the new Z83 form. You can download a PDF version of the application form.
- You will then have to print it out to fill it in
- Fill in the relevant fields
Under Section A
- Be sure to fill in the correct reference number
- This would have been given in the advert for the job
- If you are available to work immediately, you should then put 'IMMEDIATELY' in the last block
Under Section B
- Fill in your surname and full names
- Fill in your date of birth using the format DD/MM/YY
- If you are a South African, you only need to fill out the 'Identity Number' section. If you are a foreigner, you only need to fill out the 'Passport number' section
- Mark an 'X' under the correct choice the race section
- Mark an 'X' for the Yes/No questions
- Fill in the additional information when asked
Under Section C
- Fill in your preferred language for correspondence
- Circle which method of correspondence you prefer. This would be the way they communicate with you
- Under contact details:
- Should you have circled 'Post', fill in your postal address
- Should you have circled 'E-mail', fill in your email address
- Should you have circled 'Fax', fill in your fax number
- Should you have circled 'Telephone', fill in your telephone number or cellphone number
Under Section D
- Fill in the languages you either speak or write in in the grey area (one per block)
- For the 'Speak' row, you will then state whether you're 'good', fair' or 'poor' under each language in each block
- For the 'Write or Read' column, you will then say whether you're 'goof', fair' or 'poor' under each language in each block
Under Section E, F & G
Fill in the required fields.
- Sign and date the form.
General Instructions For Filling Out The New Z83 Application Form
- Don't forget to put your initials on every page on the bottom right corner where it says 'Initial: ..........'
- If you are told to attach a CV, then do so, along with any other additional documents they've asked for
- You will have been given an address for where you will need to hand deliver or post the completed form to
Should you submit the old Z83 form, your application will be disqualified.
Always ensure that the information you state is 100% correct to ensure the best results.
This form has a new set of questions being asked. Some of these are related to previous criminal record convictions, whether you've been dismissed before for the public service of misconduct, as well as any pending disciplinary hearings.
Where To Find The Z83 Form
To find the latest Z83 form, visit the Department of Public Service and Administration website. Currently, the latest Z83 application form came into effect from 1 January 2021.
This form has a new set of questions being asked. Some of these are related to previous criminal record convictions, whether you've been dismissed before for the public service of misconduct as well as any pending disciplinary hearings.
Once the Z83 application form is fully filled out, the applicant will need to submit it according to the instructions given in the government job advert. This is usually done via email, hand delivery or post.
Only applicants with an original ID or passport may apply using the Z83 application form.