NSFAS Loan Scheme: How To Apply For A NSFAS Student Loan


Please share this article

Advertisement


The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is hoping to bridge the funding gap which exists. The Comprehensive Student Funding Model hopes to do this by providing NSFAS loans to missing middle students.


Advertisement i


The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) offers student loans to students who don't qualify for NSFAS funding. This NSFAS loan is for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.

NSFAS Loan Scheme Launched

The NSFAS loan scheme forms a part of the Comprehensive Student Funding Model

Rejected NSFAS bursary applicants will automatically be re-assessed for eligibility under the missing middle loan scheme.

How To Apply For A NSFAS Student Loan

NSFAS student loan application forms can be accessed through the NSFAS website. Applicants should follow these steps:

  1. Go the NSFAS website
  2. Click on the 'myNSFAS' button
  3. Click on 'Create a profile'
  4. Fill in the required fields
  5. Log in
  6. Submit the application

NSFAS Student Loan Requirements

  • Annual household income is between R350 000-R600 000
  • Studying at a public TVET College or public University
  • Undergraduate or postgraduate students
  • Can apply in years 1, 2, 3 or 4
  • Must achieve average of 60% in their course work to continue funding

NSFAS missing middle loans will have a particular emphasis on Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programmes, constituting 70% of beneficiaries. The remaining 30% will be allocated to Humanities and social science programmes.

Once students are approved, they would need to sign a NSFAS loan agreement. 

If the students perform well, up to 50% of the student loan can be converted to a bursary.

 

Suggested Article:

NSFAS consent form

If you have applied to NSFAS and were asked to complete a consent form you need to do that so that your funding can be approved. We have all the details for you. 






Online Shopping Links

Takealot - Temu - Amazon - Shein




Advertisement


WhatsApp Channel

Sponsored Ad

Advertisement

Advertisement

Google News

Post-Matric Options

 

After completing your matric certificate exams, you are faced with a lot of post-matric options that can shape your future paths.

These options range from pursuing higher education at universities or colleges, entering vocational training programs, joining the workforce, or even starting your own business. There are so many choices but we are here to help.

Advertisement


Where to Study


Advertisement m


Other Articles

If you are considering enhancing your skills and expanding your career opportunities, Coastal TVET College offers a range of courses designed to meet the demands of various industries.


Advertisement


Latest SASSA articles

Millions of people have applied for the SRD grant. However, some people who applied for the R370 Sassa grant will be required to complete the Sassa facial recognition process. 

Conducting a SRD grant status check informs applicants if and when they will receive an SRD grant payment. Here's how to check your Sassa SRD grant payment status.


Advertisement


Careers Advice

Schools of Skills focus on providing practical and vocational training to help students develop skills that can lead to employment opportunities or further vocational education.


Advertisement i