What is a SAPS constable?
A SAPS constable is another title for a policeman, policewoman or a police constable. Police officers keep law and order in a country, investigate crime, and support crime prevention.
What is the mission of SAPS?
The mission of the SAPS is to:
- prevent and combat anything that may threaten the safety and security of any community;
- investigate any crimes that threaten the safety and security of any community;
- ensure offenders are brought to justice; and
- participate in efforts to address the root causes of crime.
Police Officer salary in South Africa
According to payscale.com, the average salary of a constable is R181,091 per year.
Alternative figures include:
- Base Salary = R102k - R197k
- Bonus = R14k - R16k
- Total Pay = R102k - R208k
So if you are looking at becoming a police officer, use this as a guideline as to what salary you can expect.