AFDA - SA School of Motion Picture Medium & Live Performance
Ever dreamed about a career in the Film and Entertainment industry? What about pursuing a career in screen and/or stage acting, directing, producing, scriptwriting, cinematography, and editing, or live television production, animation directing, production and sound design, visual effects, musical performance, media music production and composition, or costume, make-up, and styling? It's all possible at AFDA Film School. AFDA has over 31 options for studying, 4 campuses across South Africa and over 2000 students.
AFDA is a leading outcomes-based film school that dates back to 1994. It has fully equipped campuses in Johannesburg and Cape Town where graduates train to contribute to one of the largest growth industries in the world: entertainment. In addition, AFDA now also has a campus in Durban. AFDA is a full member of CILECT - the International Association of Accredited Film and Television Schools.
- Bachelor of Arts in Motion Picture Medium (3-year full-time | NQF Level 7 | SAQA ID 35934)
- Bachelor of Arts in Live Performance (3-year full-time | NQF Level 7 | SAQA ID 35936)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship (3-year full-time | NQF Level 7 | SAQA ID 94705)
- Bachelor of Computer Technology (3-year full-time | NQF Level 7 | SAQA ID 97540)
- Higher Certificate in Film, TV and Entertainment Production (1-year full-time | NQF Level 5 | SAQA ID 9074)
- Higher Certificate in Radio & Podcasting (1-year full-time | NQF Level 5 | SAQA ID 99532)
- BA Honours in Motion Picture Medium (1-year full-time | NQF Level 8 | SAQA ID 35935)
- BA Honours in Live Performance (1-year full-time | NQF Level 8 | SAQA ID 35937)
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) in Motion Picture Medium (2-year part-time | NQF Level 9 | SAQA ID 96800)
For more information on each degree, download the prospectus on the AFDA website.
Go to AFDA's website to access AFDA's fee structures. There is also downloadable bursary information on that website.
- Cape Town
- Port Elizabeth
AFDA offers undergraduate degrees, postgraduate degrees as well as higher certificates in various interests such as Live Performance, Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Radio and Podcasting, and Fine Arts.
Applications can be done online. Look on the AFDA website to complete the process.
Most popular articles today
Women's month is a time to celebrate women and the contributions they've made in society. The contributions made by women in the teaching sector have been in the spotlight as the month continues to unfold.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is set to make changes, following the end of South Africa's National State of Disaster. The institution was operating under distanced-learning since 2020, with only a small amount of students walking the campus grounds.
Other people were also interested in:
Now that the National State of Disaster has ended, the Sassa R350 grant is managed under new rules. Here's how to submit your R350 grant application under these new rules.
The Sassa Social Relief of Distress grant is being paid to all qualifying beneficiaries. If you are among those that have been meaning to apply for an appeal due to your rejected application status, here is the procedure on how to lodge an appeal for your declined R350 grant application.