You can apply for a SASSA food parcel by going to your nearest South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) office. The application form is not available online, but you can get it at your nearest SASSA office.
Submit your application with the following documents:
- your 13-digit bar-coded identity document and your children’s birth certificates.
- If you do not have an identity document and birth certificates, an affidavit from your local police station, chief, councillor or religious leader may be enough proof.
- Show proof that you:
- have applied for a grant
- have had an emergency (e.g. provide a police report that your house burnt down)
- have tried to get maintenance
- have no other support
- are married, divorced, or single
- have no income
- have a short-term medical disability