Looking For Work Experience?

If you are a student, graduate or general job seeker, that is looking to gain some first time work experience, the Department of Higher Education and Training has got you covered. 



The Department of Higher Education and Training is providing a integrated learning opportunity for graduates and students, and first time job seekers who are at the beginning of their careers and looking to gain working experience.

iWIL is an opportunity for first time employees to find a job that suits them and gain some work experience in their field. 

Once registered, iWIL will match your need for workplace based learning to any available employers that have made offers for placements. 

To register for iWIL, you need to have either a cellphone number or an email address as this information is needed in order for them to communicate with you. 

If you are not a student an struggling to figure out which kind of career best fits you, you can visit the National Careers Advice Portal . If you seek a career in artisan you can visit the National Artisan Development Support Centre

If you are an employer that can provide a experimental or integrated learning experience, you can also register for iWIL, and they will find a suitable candidate for the positions you have available. 

Note that iWIL is not a employment service, and the workplace that you get matched up with is not obligated to pay you any kind of salary or compensation, it is purely for experience purposes. 

To register for iWIL visit their website

For more information on iWIL you can visit their website  

Article Category

Other Articles

False Bay TVET College began participating in Peer2Peer programmes which are all based on the belief that encouraging regular dialogue in the physical and emotional safe space of peer groups will challenge and equip students to take responsibility for their health, well-being and development. 

Central University of Technology have opened up their applications for 2022. Don't hesitate and apply now!

Second Semester applications are now open at Orbit TVET College. Orbit TVET College wants to provide high-quality education and training that is affordable and relevant.

There are a variety of public tertiary institutions in South Africa that offer the opportunity for students to pursue a degree in Psychology. Studying a degree in Psychology will differ depending on various tertiary institutions and the type of Psychology specialisation that a student would like to pursue.

Those employed in Human Resources are involved in the process of employing people and then training them. If you're looking to build a career in HR, here are 5 places where you can study.