During March 2020, President Cyril Ramaphosa declared the National State of Disaster due to the current pandemic.
Within that time people were unable to work due to the hard lockdown, which is why the president introduced a special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD) of R350 per month for 6 months to help them get through the month.
BREAKING NEWS: The President has announced that the R350 grant will be reinstated. Applications are not yet open. CLICK HERE TO READ THE LATEST!
Since then the grant has been extended and South Africans are hoping that it will be reinstated as many people are still unable to work due to the lockdown regulations.
If you have applied for the grant and want to track your application, you may do the following:
- Track application status online via srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status.
- Check application status on WhatsApp by sending 'status' to 082 046 8553.
Those with a 'referred' or declined status are welcome to appeal the decision, by following these steps:
- Visit the website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/.
- Scroll down to "Application for reconsideration".
- Then click on the button.
Be sure to include your name, ID number and contact information.