On Which Days Can I Apply For SASSA's Child Support Grant?
If you are wanting to apply for a child support grant from SASSA, it is important to note that there are specific days set out for when you are allowed to come to the SASSA offices to do so. Continue reading to find out which days are for Child Support Grants applications.
The child support grant is provided by the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) to assist parents with the costs of the basic needs of their child. If you are wanting to apply for a child support grant from SASSA, it is important to note that there are specific days set out for when you are allowed to come to the SASSA offices to do so.
To apply for the child support grant, you should head to the local SASSA office nearest to where you live. Offices are open for these types of applications on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
If you are too sick to travel, a family member or friend can apply on your behalf with a letter written by you authorising the application.
In order to qualify for the Child Support Grant, you need to meet the following requirements:
- The primary care giver must be a South African citizen, permanent resident or refugee.
- Both the applicant and the child must reside in South Africa.
- The applicant must be the primary care giver of the child/ children concerned.
- The child/children must been born after 31 December 1993.
- The applicant and spouse must meet the requirements of the means test. (If you're a single parent you must not earn more than R48 000 a year, that is R4 000 a month. If you're married then your combined income should not be above R96 000 a year, that is R8 000 a month.)
- Applicants can not apply for more than six non biological children.
- Child can not be cared for in state institution.
When you come in to apply, be sure to bring the following along:
- your South African identity document (ID), which must be bar-coded,
- the child's birth certificate, which must have an ID number,
- your salary slip, bank statements for 3 months, or pension slips, and any other proof of income,
- if you’re unemployed, your Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF) card – "blue book" – or a discharge certificate from your previous employer,
- if you’re not the child's parent or guardian, a written note of permission from the parent or guardian that you should take care of the child,
- if you’re not the child's parent or guardian, information about how you’ve tried to get the parents to pay maintenance,
- information that shows that you’re the child's primary caregiver.
SASSA has urged beneficiaries to use official SASSA communication platforms or visit local offices to get accurate information and clarity where there is a misunderstanding. Beneficiaries seeking more information should contact SASSA's toll-free number on 0800 60 10 11 or 013 754 9428/54 from 8am to 4pm during the week, Monday to Friday.
Read more for How To Apply
How To Apply For the Child Support Grant
- You must complete a form at the SASSA office in the presence of a SASSA officer.
- You will then be given a receipt once the application is complete. This receipt must be kept safe as it is your only proof of registration.
- Provide the birth certificate of the child
- Provide identification documents of the caregiver
- Once your grant is approved you will be paid from the date on which you applied.
- You will be issued with a SASSA payment card and this card is used to access the money, however you may request to receive the payments using alternative methods. Such as, at banks including Postbank or other institutions.
For more information on SASSA's Child Support Grant, click here.
Are you interested in getting your matric certificate? Regardless of your age, getting your matric as an adult doesn’t have to be a long, difficult process. Skills Academy Adult Matric Courses aim to help you achieve your study goals.
Distance Learning allows your to study on your own time, at the place and pace you choose. You can study from anywhere, at any time, working at your own pace. Some courses will require you to go and write exams at designated exam hall locations and others don't.
Online learning has always been a worthy alternative for prospective students who have other career commitments but are still interested in furthering their studies. Below is a list of registered colleges through which one can study online.
There is often a bit of confusion among parents and pupils when it comes to learners choosing their school subjects. This is because there is minimal understanding of the importance of the choice or the difference between Mathematical Literacy and Technical Mathematics. Here is a breakdown of the difference between the two.
Most popular articles today
This course is available at College of Cape Town City Campus and offers students the opportunity to specialise in the fields of graphic design, photography or graphic processes. It consists of an N4, N5 and N6 Certificate. After completing the N6 Certificate students need to submit proof of 2 000 hours of practical experience in industry/practical to the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET) before they can qualify for the National N-Diploma.
Are you looking to study online in 2022? Still wish to remain cautious during the coronavirus pandemic? Want to apply for a learning option that’s flexible, practical and relevant? Then Milpark Education’s online courses and qualifications are your answer.
For those who haven't got a job and can't find one with the restrictions of the lockdown, there was good news from the President in his latest speech to the country. The R350 Social Relief Of Distress grant paid out by SASSA is going to be coming back. This time it will also apply to more people.
Boston City Campus IS technology-based learning! It is in our DNA! With decades of experience in providing online tuition, individual student support, and online assessments for Higher Education as well as short learning programmes, we are year on year voted Best College, and now Best Online provider as well!
A bridging course for the Bachelor of Commerce is for students who achieved a bachelor's pass in their Senior Certificate or National Senior Certificate examination, but did not meet the minimum requirement for Mathematics. The Bridging Programme offered by Milpark Education will assist students to achieve the minimum admission requirements.
Other people were also interested in:
The education sector has seen some bumps here and there with it's vaccination rollout but Minister Motshekga has said that there won't be a shortage of doses for the sector. Their goal is to vaccinate 583 000 people by 8 July.
Losing your Grade 12 certificate can be stressful as it is the important document for entry whether you apply for employment or at institutions of learning. If you have lost your certificate and wondering how you can get a copy, don’t worry keep reading.
During the pandemic, approximately 500 000 pupils in South Africa have dropped out of school. According to the latest National Income Dynamics Study and its Coronavirus Rapid Mobile Survey, poverty has caused this high dropout in the country.