The ‘Awaiting Academic Results/Admission’ status means that the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is checking the student’s academic results and their institution admission status to ensure that the student meets the bursary criteria.
Many students have found that they stay on this step for a while because NSFAS has to wait for information from the student’s chosen institution.
NSFAS reminds students that there is no time frame when it comes to when the NSFAS application status changes and how long it will take for the application to be processed.
Applicants are encouraged to keep an eye on their application status via the myNSFAS portal.
How Do I Check my NSFAS Status?
- Click here to visit the myNSFAS portal.
- Log in to your myNSFAS account.
- Select ‘Track Funding Progress’.
The NSFAS bursary covers students who would like to study at one of South Africa’s 50 TVET Colleges or 25 public universities, however, do not have the means to do so.
In order to qualify students to need to meet the bursary requirements. NSFAS requirements are as follows:
- Students need to be South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Sassa grant beneficiaries also qualify for funding.
- Those with a combined household income of not more than R350 000 per year.
- Persons with disabilities: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per year.