The University of South Africa (Unisa) has a simpler and quicker online registration process. The perks of online registration is that you can do it wherever you are.
When registering online, you’ll be prompted by the registration system when you have typed out incorrect information or when information is missing, this in turn helps you as the applicant to include your correct details before submitting your registration form.
Follow these easy steps to submit your registration:
- Go to the Unisa registration website
- Choose qualification level and then click "Go"
- Enter your student number in the block provided and the other details as required. (without a student number you won’t be able to continue. You'll need to first apply for online admission.)
- Check your personal details on the screen. Change any contact details that are missing or incorrect. It is very important to provide your correct address and cellphone numbers. Incorrect information may delay the delivery of your study material and prevent you from receiving important information from the university.
- Click on the modules from the drop-down list for which you want to be registered for. Ensure that you meet all the qualification requirements for your selected modules. You must meet all the pre-requisites and co-requisites for the selected module enter the correct module code select the correct semester (1 = first semester; 2 = second semester)
* The language for each module is indicated in the module information.
- Do not exceed the prescribed number of modules per semester or year, as this may result in a delay in your registration being processed. Unisa retains the right to remove modules based on the number of credits allowed per semester and in accordance with the fees paid. Please take note of the maximum period of time you have to complete your qualification.
- Calculate your fees
Use the free quotation link on the Unisa website (http://www.unisa.ac.za/feequote) to obtain a quote for the cost of your modules. Note the minimum fee that must be paid before Unisa will process your registration.
If these fees are more than you can afford, remove modules until you can afford the fees. You can make payment online, using a credit card at http://www.unisa.ac.za/feepayment. If you don’t have a credit card, you can pay at a First National Bank branch. Retain your proof of payment in case of enquiries.
- Submit your registration.
For further expert tips and guidelines on online registrations, click here.