Teacher Assistant Job Applications Close Tomorrow
Applications for teacher assistant jobs are closing tomorrow, 10 October 2021! Be sure to apply NOW before it is too late. Find out how you can go about applying for a job as a teacher’s assistant in your province.
The Department of Basic Education encourages all young people who are currently unemployed to apply to be education or general school assistants in their province. These employment and training opportunities are available as part of the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative.
This initiative aims to decrease the devastating economic challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Applicants will need to be between the ages of 18 and 35, should not be in education and training and may not receive any form of government grant.
Successful applicants will receive training to equip them for their job and future employment.
These candidates will be working at schools for five months, starting on 1 November 2021 until 31 March 2022.
They will be placed in any of the following positions:
- Teaching Assistant - Curriculum
- Teaching Assistant - ICT/eCadres
- Teaching Assistant - Reading Champions
- General School Assistant - Child & Youth Care Worker
- General School Assistant - Handyman (No matric needed)
- General School Assistant - Sports and Enrichment Agent (No matric needed)
Those hoping to work as an education assistant will need to have passed English in Grade 12. An NQF level 4, 6 and 7 qualification certificate will be an advantage.
When applying ensure that you have the following:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Testimonials (former school, a local chief, church leader, etc)
- Police clearance certificates
- Affidavit/Declaration by the applicant stating that he/she has no criminal record while awaiting the police clearance.
- Certified qualifications such as Matric (where applicable: NQF level 4 qualification, or NQF level 6 and 7)
- Certified copy of Identity Document (ID)/Passport
How To Apply?
No walk-in applications will be allowed at schools due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Applicants are reminded that getting vaccinated to ensure the safety of the learners and staff is preferred, however, it remains the applicants choice.
Maluta Netshipale, the 2020/2021 Curro Serengeti Head Girl has secured the attention not only of one international university, but three.
Most popular articles today
Nationally, vaccination drives have been successful. However, some young people have been hesitant to receive a jab, and this remains a daunting challenge. The conversation has reached a point of people asking questions about whether vaccination should be made mandatory in certain spaces.
Other people were also interested in:
NSFAS applications are officially open so apply now on myNSFAS so that you can be financed for the first step to a great future. Part of applying is that you have to submit documents to NSFAS so you might ask yourself, which documents then? Well, here 's the answer.