Stellenbosch University Moves All Lectures To Online
Following a recent announcement by Premier Alan Winde, that the Western Cape has now entered the third wave of Covid-19 infections, Stellenbosch University has outlined the steps it intends to take in order to curb Covid-19.
After Western Cape Premier, Alan Winde announced that the province has entered the third wave of Covid-19 cases, Stellenbosch University has now outlined protocols they'll be following to curb infections. This comes after the province saw an increase of more than 30% throughout the week.
Stellenbosch University has recently confirmed that there have recently been 36 people who tested positive for Covid at their Stellenbosch campus in addition to those at their Metanoia residence.
They have since been placed in isolation and quarantine, thus the university's Institutional Committee for Business Continuity (ICBC) has outlined a number of measures it will take to slow down its infection rate and they are as follows
- SU will move to ERTLA (all lectures and tutorials online) with immediate effect until the end of classes for the second term on 18 June 2021.
- Scheduled A1 assessments will continue as planned, with strict adherence to COVID-19 protocols. Your department will provide the necessary information.
- Social and other group activities, including sport, on our campuses – whether organised by SU or not – will stop with immediate effect.
- Venues on campus where students gather in groups will be closed with immediate effect. These include computer user areas (CUAs) and study centres (including areas of the library used for studying).
- SU will again provide mobile data to all students (excluding those on our Saldanha campus, short course students and postdoctoral fellows).
- Bundles will be purchased from MTN, Vodacom, Telkom and Cell C in South Africa, and will be valid for a month from being loaded.
- To qualify, students need to confirm the mobile number the University has on record for you on your personal details page, by 17:00 on 13 June 2021. To confirm, please click on the “Update Information" button at the bottom of the page and check that the notice reflects the date on which you updated.
We trust that these measures will contain the situation sufficiently to ensure the continuation of the upcoming A2 and A3 assessments (from 21 June to 24 July) in a sit-down, invigilated mode as planned. Our COVID-19 examination protocol allows for a strictly regulated environment to conduct assessments safely.
Students and staff members must wear a mask, avoid crowded and poorly ventilated spaces, maintain a safe physical distance from others and wash their hands regularly.
Let me also remind you of SU's COVID-19 code of conduct, which regulates the behaviour of SU students, whether on or off-campus.
There are a variety of public tertiary institutions in South Africa that offer the opportunity for students to pursue a degree in Psychology. Studying a degree in Psychology will differ depending on various tertiary institutions and the type of Psychology specialisation that a student would like to pursue.
Nyari Samushonga, CEO of WeThinkCode_, sat down with Careers Portal to talk about coding, the importance of cultivating South Africa’s digital talent and tuition-free education. If you're interested in joining WeThinkCode-, we also have insight into how to apply.
Most popular articles today
President Cyril Ramaphosa presented the presidential employment stimulus budget on Wednesday. Here, he revealed that over 500 000 people have directly benefited from the program since its launch eight months ago and that billions will now be allocated so that the programme can continue.
With very short notice after NSFAS announced that they would no longer be funding postgraduate qualification, PGCE students were left without funding. Thousands of students are now calling for NSFAS to reverse this decision and fund PGCE students again.
Nelson Mandela University has suspended contact classes on its campuses in Gqeberha due to a rise in Covid-19 infections. The Tshwane University of Technology announced the same motion this week.
The Western Cape Education MEC issued a statement confirming that district officials are investigating the DF Malan High School homophobia allegations.
Other people were also interested in:
Electrical engineering in simple terms focuses mainly on electronic circuitry. Electrical engineering dates back to the 19th century and has since evolved into a number of specialised categories, which includes power generation and transmission systems, motors, transistors and control systems.
Students all over the country have pleaded for many years for student accommodation to be ramped up in the country with some students being left to sleep on the street due to lack of accommodation. The Higher Education Minister has now outlined the current status of developing student accommodation in the country.