The agreement will be taking effect from Wednesday, 22 September 2021. SAPO has also advised R350 SRD grant recipients to wait for an SMS that will be coming from the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA).
The SMS will be informing beneficiaries that their grant is ready for collection and will be directing them to their confirmed pay point.
The Pick n Pay Head of Omnichannel, John Bradshaw said they are excited about the SRD pay-outs partnership.
Pick n Pay and Boxer are proud to assist grant beneficiaries access their funds more conveniently and safely, ensuring they receive much-needed relief quicker than before.
The national postal services has also said the new partnership will bring some relief for their busy post offices.
SAPO said the application process and approval of the SRD grant plus funds collection points are not managed by Pick N Pay or Boxer Stores. These administrative responsibilities remain with Postbank to manage them.
Pick n Pay collection points excludes BP Pick n Pay Express, Pick n Pay Clothing and Pick n Pay Liquor stores.
SAPO stated that about five million South Africans have received their grant monthly in the previous SRD pay-outs.
The detailed process to collect the R350 SRD funds at Pick n Pay and Boxer Stores is as follows:
• The grant applicant will receive an SMS from SASSA confirming their successful application.
• The grant beneficiary will receive an SMS message from SASSA confirming the collection point and advising on the day of collection.
• The beneficiary must take their ID and physical cellphone along to the store when collecting their grant.
• Enter ID number and the registered SASSA cellphone number at the till point to confirm the funds are available for collection.
• The beneficiary will immediately receives a USSD message to which they must approve on their cell phone before the cash is handed over.
• Beneficiaries will never be asked to enter personal information on their cell phones or to click on a link.