NSFAS applications for TVET College students doing Trimester and Semester study are now open.
This application cycle will close on 30 April.
Applications must be done online via www.nsfas.org.za for students who are able to apply for themselves.
To apply, you will need to create or log in to your myNSFAS account.
You will need the following documents to apply:
- Copy of your South African birth certificate (preferably unabridged) or ID which must have been recently certified
- Copy of your parents/guardian's ID (or death certificate if applicable) which must have been recently certified
- Copy of your parents/guardian's proof of income such as pay advice, letter of employment, pension advice or SASSA letter. These must have been recently certified.
- Completed and signed Application form.
- Completed and signed Consent form.
- Applicants who are orphaned must provide a completed and signed Declaration Form.
- Students with disabilities must provide a completed and signed Annexure A form
Students can also head to their College or a NSFAS walk-in centre for assistance with their application. Be sure to bring the required documents along.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) provides fully subsidised free higher education and training for poor and working class South Africans.
NSFAS offers bursaries to South African students who plan to study at public universities and TVET colleges. They cover funding for registration, tuition and allowances.