NSFAS Appeals Still Open For Returning Students
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify. Returning students wishing to submit appeals to NSFAS have only a few days left to do so.
NSFAS offers student loans and bursaries for students who qualify. Last year they approved more than 300 000 applications for funding - but they also rejected 65 000.
If your application is refused you can appeal to NSFAS to reconsider.
Appeals will close on 30 April.
How To Send In An Appeal
- Download an appeal form here
- Complete the form
- Ensure that the relevant box indicating the reason for your appeal is checked.
- Signed motivation for appeal must be included
- Attach your supporting documents (e.g. Medical certificates, death certificate etc.)
- Submit the completed form through email to the Financial Aid Office at your institution.
Alternatively, students can submit appeals directly to NSFAS, along with the required documentation, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appeals will only be considered on the following grounds:
- Material change in combined household income (proof of loss of income needed with a fully completed NSFAS form for students that were not previously funded);
- Loss of a bursary/sponsor in the 2019 academic cycle (documented proof should be provided and should be accompanied by a fully completed NSFAS application form);
- Failure to meet academic criteria where prior academic performance has been satisfactory (provide supporting information and documentation that provides details of the reasons that affected performance);
- Failure to meet academic criteria due to medical condition (s) or death of an immediate family member (provide supporting information and documentation);
- Student had a gap year in NSFAS funding or failed to register previously and could not reapply for funding;
- More than one student from the same household concurrently enrolled at a university/TVET college; and
- Applying for an approved post graduate qualification (see section F on the appeal form for list).
Students are encouraged to log in on the myNSFAS self-service portal www.nsfas.org.za to check their application status updates.
How to track your NSFAS application status
- Login on the myNSFAS portal here
- Enter your username and password and sign in
- Click on Track Funding Progress
For those students that have been approved for funding, their status will now reflect as: ‘Approved for funding subject to registration’, and for those who have been rejected for funding, the status will reflect as ‘Application unsuccessful’.
As a Grade 11/12 learner, you may have questions about how what you are studying in Accounting becomes practical and relevant in the working world. As a courtesy, KPMG offers Grade 11/12 learners the opportunity to come in for job shadowing, where you will be exposed to what the life of a Chartered Accountant is all about.
The Woza Matrics 2021 Catch Up Campaign is a remote learning support programme aimed at the Class of 2021 matriculants. It seeks to provide catch up on curriculum learning, Grade 11 and matric revision, as well as exam preparation. It is brought to you by the Department of Basic Education (DBE), in partnership with the National Education Collaboration Trust (NECT) and the Education Training and Development Practices SETA (ETDP SETA).
Examsta is utilised to educate and assist students with their studies during the lockdown period. It aims to ensure that students enjoy their learning experience despite the challenging circumstances. It enables students to communicate with each other, share their thoughts, and collaborate in a creative environment.
AFDA is the perfect place for those wanting to go into film, television, performance or radio and is able to be the stepping stone to having a successful career within the entertainment industry. Keep reading to learn who AFDA are and what they do.
Most popular articles today
The BCom Degree equips students with both theoretical and practical exposure preparing them for a professional, commercial environment. The BCom Degree will empower learners with skills and competencies necessary to function in both the private and public sector environments. This qualification will also cater for the career and economic needs of learners who are in employment and prepare learners for further post-graduate study.
The most successful entrepreneurs are driven by a deep-seated desire to create or innovate and have a passion for starting something new. You want to be the one that stands out. College of Cape Town offers a variety of courses in finance and business management that will help you start up your own company or accelerate your career in an already established company.
The Higher Education Minister, Blade Nzimande, will step up to the podium this weekend to address vaccinations in his sector. This comes as the basic education finished up it's vaccine rollout just last week.
Human Resource Management deals with people at work. This includes relationships among employees and relationships between an organisation and its employees. A qualification in Human Resource Management prepares the successful student to enter a wide range of careers, including Human Resource Manager, Human Resource Consultant, Industrial Relations Manager and Industrial Relations Consultant.
Other people were also interested in:
Are you looking to download the matric past papers? Here is a complete list of matric business studies past papers for 2019 and 2020. Take the time to relax before your exams. When it comes to exams, you need to be ready. If you need any extra help, then look at our free matric past papers. If they are of use, make sure to help others by sharing them.
Like any vaccine, the COVID-19 vaccine can cause mild short-term side effects. Most reactions to the vaccine are mild and will go away on their own.