Unit Manager Theatre – Private Hospital (HEC2211)
Obervatory, Cape Town
Applications Closes on 11th of May 2021
• A relevant nursing qualification (Diploma in General Nursing/ B Cur Degree) or equivalent NQF 7 qualification
• A relevant management qualification
• Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
• Compliance with the SANC code for a Registered Nurse and all applicable health care legislations
• An intermediate level of Computer proficiency
• 2 or more years experience in a private hospital setting
• Experience in clinical leadership
• ACI candidate is preferred but not a must.
• Must be Theatre Trained
• 2 to 3 years private hospital experience
• Experience in clinical leadership (Shift Leader, deputy Unit Manager, Night Manager etc.)
The Unit Manager will be responsible for coordinating improved quality nursing care by ensuring compliance to professional and ethical practice. The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that nursing care and service delivery is implemented and practiced within a multi-disciplinary quality assurance team. In accordance the incumbent will be accountable for coordinating capacity building, mentoring and training.
Candidates who meet all the minimum requirements stipulated above will be considered.