Responsible to execute the strategic roadmap and create value through delivery of internal and external artificial intelligence solutions and products. Oversight of a portfolio of data science projects, providing strategic and technical guidance on solving a variety of use cases across the Group and for its customers. Develop machine learning and deep learning competencies and manage and develop a 'full-stack' team of data science specialists. The role's focus will be on NLP, both text and speech, but projects can span Computer Vision and other domains
• Define and implement the AI strategy and product roadmap in relation to the TKG strategy, and provide input into the broader strategic direction of business Strategic Insights
• Cultivate and manage working relationships with a variety of stakeholders to support the design and delivery of data science projects and solutions
• Develop business cases for new solutions or products, and establish the value for existing projects
• Determine the most appropriate data science tools/ approaches for specific projects
• Execute end to end data science projects and product development processes
• Engage with our data engineering team to ensure any AI products or solutions are managed
• Identify and manage resource requirements including people and systems
• Lead and develop a team of data scientists and provide hands on guidance
• Establish, document and champion data science best practices in the team
• Help Strategic Insights become thought leaders in the areas of data science and artificial intelligence
• Stay abreast of new developments and solutions in the market to ensure we don't fall behind
• Contribute to our agile way of work and our innovation culture
• Consistent documentation of all implemented systems and processes
• 7 years of work experience in the field of data science with at least 2 years having been on management/ specialist level.
• Experience in ICT/ Telecommunications will be an advantage.
• Post graduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related field (NQF level 7) or
• A qualified Actuary with data science experience.
• A Master's degree (NQF level 9) will be an advantage
Required Certification/Professional Registration
• Data science and cloud certifications will be advantageous (GCP, Azure, AWS).
• Experience in Natural Language Processing.
• Strong statistical & mathematical foundations.
• Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
Expected to stay abreast of new data science developments and to put them into practice.
• Statistical and mathematical foundations
• Data science and analytics frameworks (NLP and Computer Vision)
• Programming (Python, R, Git, Linux); Cloud computing (GCP preferable)
• Big Data (Cloudera, Hadoop, Spark)