Embedding Impact is a social impact measurement and management consultancy driven to enable social value creation at the intersection of business and society. We deliver value for organisations through measuring social value created and using these insights to deepen impact using stakeholder centric and data driven methodologies. Our clients range from businesses, government agencies, civil society organisations,
community trusts, endowment trusts, and foundations to social enterprises.
Based in Johannesburg, Embedding Impact seeks to fill the following vacancy:
SENIOR CONSULTANT: SOCIAL IMPACT MEASUREMENT & MANAGEMENT
Embedding Impact is looking for a self-driven team player, who is passionate about driving social performance and impact, and has strong demonstrable detail orientation, data management, team management and project management skills to join their team as a Senior Consultant.
The successful candidate will be responsible for private and public sector client advisory and consulting on impact management solutions. The work includes, but is not limited to, developing and implementing impact strategies, and measuring and managing impact performance. Team responsibilities entail driving project progress for client delivery and managing a team of consultants and graduates. A strong detail-orientation, as well as data management skills are key for any applicant to be considered. Experience in Monitoring & Evaluation, Social Impact Management and/or Sustainability would be advantageous.
Key responsibilities include:
• Execute and manage day-to-day activities of Social Impact Management projects, including supporting teams technically and managerially to ensure high quality deliverables to the client
• Manage a team of consultants and graduates
• Provide input to Partners on strategic direction of the business
• Undertake necessary research to support consulting practice
• Manage impact information and databases relating to internal and external projects
• Leadership and management of team productivity for successful client delivery
• Demonstrate experience and ability to manage a team to deliver on multiple projects
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree – Preferably in M&E, Statistics, Commerce, Sustainability, Development studies or other relevant fields
• Studying towards a Master’s Degree in Development Studies, M&E or Sustainability would be advantageous
• 3-5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection, activity monitoring and evaluation, data analysis, and report writing is essential
• Demonstrable experience in managing a project end-to-end
• Experience of working in a team, participating in the collective coordination of the work of the team by contributing to setting priorities, motivating self and others, and resolving team conflicts
• Ability and willingness to work in an entrepreneurial environment (small organisation) preferable
• Possess a valid SA driver’s licence
• Willingness to travel
Please view the full job description and application instructions on the vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by Friday, 18th June 2021