ZZ2's Agronomist support production units by providing professional agricultural services. This service includes analysis, interpretation and extension of agricultural information with the aim of optimizing production and managing risks. There is a vacancy for an agronomist who will work in close collaboration with the production units. These production units are located in Namibia in the Karas Region, where we farm with Medjool Dates.
Responsibilities include the following key aspects:
● Maintenance and development of a plant nutrition system that integrates climate, soil, water and plant interaction
● Maintenance and expansion of an integrated plant protection program
● The incumbent will provide an agricultural service and advice to the various production units, but will be widely involved in the organization with the development and expansion of projects that will focus on other products
● The post is not desk-bound and although the incumbent will be expected to do research from time to time as well, the main output is focused on practical task execution and goal-orientedness.
Candidates must have the following qualifying requirements:
● An appropriate University degree in Agriculture or a related field of study supported by knowledge of and practical experience in Soil Science, Botany, Agronomy, Horticulture or any combination of these subject areas
● Thorough knowledge of entomology and / or plant pathology will serve as a recommendation
● Computer skills and a valid driver's license are required.
● Candidates with background and / or experience with Dates will be given preference
Karas Dates offers a negotiable market-related compensation package.
Please indicate in the subject line, the position you are applying